We may amend this policy from time to time by updating this page. Therefore, we suggest you check this page occasionally to ensure you are aware of and are happy with any amendments.
What information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected from you in various ways, for example: -
1. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site). This information is also collected through cookies
2. When you register and voluntarily provide information in response to questionnaires or download forms, or to register for newsletters or start or contribute to petitions. (this includes your name, email address, and any other details asked for and which you provide)
3. When you conduct activities on our site (for example, when you purchase the prints or app) we may collect your name and contact details, details of your subscription to our services, and other information gathered by Facebook and transferred to us, including your address.
4. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location information. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the location permissions on your device(s).
How is the information used?
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To supply to you services purchased via the website, and to process your payments.
- For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services.
- Internal record keeping, and administrative purposes, and to inform you about our events, services or products, or other related information that we think would be of interest to you, as explained above.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customise the website according to your interests. For example, information relating to being a Grassroot Activist or Grassroots+ member.
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party unless you have given your consent to such disclosure. You may at any time ask us to refrain from sending you marketing messages by sending us an email with the words UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject box or by e-mailing us at email@example.com. If we contact you by email each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information of that type from us.
If you would like us to destroy information we hold about you, please let us know. However, please note that if you use any of our services which require you to provide personal information, deleting our records may mean that you will need to resubmit it to continue using such services.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, clients and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Sale of business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Cookies and Log Files:
A cookie is a small, often encrypted file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser, your computer, your mobile device or other device. They help us improve our Platform and your general experience on it.
Further information about cookies can be found on the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website www.allaboutcookies.org.
You shall also be subject to any rules or policies applied by any appstore provider/operator from where you downloaded the App. If you continue to use our Platform, we will take that as your consent to the relevant cookies being stored on your computer or other device.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a '+1' via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behaviour, and to administer the site.
The internet is not a secure medium. However we take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of information by us. Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
How to contact us:
To find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: www.dataprotection.gov.uk or read the Act online at: www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/19980029.htm.